Friday, January 20, 2006

The curse of the sportscar owner

Haven't posted anything in a while, so I thought I'd put up this reply that I posted on 986forum.com to people complaining about reliability issues.

"My own view is that, unfortunately, sports cars are at the same time expensive but a bit unreliable. One cannot think about them like one does about buying a 7 series BMW or a really nice Merc sedan. problems just come with the territory. I used to be into the BMW z4 until the 987 came out (personally hated the 986 headlights). The issues that the Z4 have are countless, including a well documented failure in the steering system when the car spent a few hours under the sun. Compared to the main Z4 online forum, this 986/987 forum is reassuring. It has an order of magnitude of problems reported with the car than those reported by Z4 owners."

No comments: