Friday, November 02, 2007

Pax ride / Montejunto

Had a great time this afternoon. I spent five hours driving and talking about driving with Fili, a guy that I met on AHO that asked me for a ride on the Lotus. We went to Montejunto and after a few wrong turns (you'd think a guy with a PhD from MIT would know how to read GPS instructions... doh!) we found that delicious road I posted about before. It was great, there was no traffic at all! This is a road from heaven with many twisties and long fast sweeps with great visibility and great scenery. Fili is an experienced track driver and he gave me a few great tips on drving. The gist of it was that I should not try to gradually push the car until I reach the limit. Instead I should find the limit sooner by breaking traction at low speed and catch the car. According to Fili, the ideal setting for this is an uphill quick bend tilted towards the inside of the turn. Looking forward to give that a try. We had a late lunch and talked a bit more about trackdays and how bad they have become at Estoril.

We scheduled a joint trip to Montejunto (Fili really loved those roads) with his S2000 and my Lotus. I really look forward to that :-)

Here's the map of the ride

See a pic of the road below taken from a Porsche (sorry, only pic I could find).

No comments: