Saturday, December 08, 2007

Two blats in a row

Thursday night and today at dawn, I went for a couple of blats in Sintra. It turns out that my experimental blat path through Sintra sucks.

My original road has a really uneven ground on the second segment and then it gets worse. It is also a really narrow road, and in the last downhill sprint to Sintra it has high walls on both sides. Not fun if you loose traction. No fun at all.

The first blat was, in retrospect not too bad. Once I left the LA road, I got into a section with uneven ground but not too bad. Should be great in the spring. Now it's figgin covered with leaves and has some really heavy fog patches. There was a point where I got a surprise steep downwards incline covered with leaves and the car skated down through with with the ABS working double time! It was so dark and foggy that I got seriously spooked. Fortunately, I took a wrong turn and ended up in Azoia and had a very pleasant trip back to Cascais. So this now is my favorite circuit in Lisbon.

In the second blat, I drove through the right road except for a turn where I ended up litterally skidding with no brakes down a muddy path that forced me to reverse and do a u-turn. The car has mud all over. No fun at all. Another part that was not fun at all was having the car understeer on me (went into a corner too hot) and havign a car coming in the opposite direction. I was always in control, but didn't enjoy the experience :-P



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: